Cardiology Associates of Schenectady, P.C.
Patient Portal Informed Consent and User Agreement
Cardiology Associates of Schenectady offers a patient portal communication tool as a courtesy to our patients and others, such as parents, responsible for or involved in their care. Cardiology Associates of Schenectady has performed a risk analysis of this communication tool and has implemented reasonable and appropriate security measures to protect patient privacy.
Privacy and Security.
As stated above, Cardiology Associates of Schenectady has implemented, in its opinion, reasonable and appropriate security measures as required by the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act of 1996 (“HIPAA”). These measures include providing data encryption as well as limiting staff access to portal information such as your password. The best technical security can be defeated, however, particularly if you do not protect your user ID and password to access the portal. If you believe that these security measures have been compromised, immediately change your password and report the matter to Cardiology Associates of Schenectady’s Security Officer at (518)-377-8184. Even with our security measures and your assistance in protecting your user ID and password, we cannot guarantee that your health information, including financial, demographic, and lifestyle information, as well as clinical information, will not be compromised. Knowing this, if you still want to participate in our patient portal and you are willing to adhere to the conditions below, please click on the link below to continue accessing the portal.
Patient Portal Services.
The patient portal provides the following services, although we reserve the right to offer further services:
- View upcoming appointments.
- View past appointment history.
- Request a future appointment.
- View medications as well as request medication refills.
- View and/or edit pharmacy information.
- Communication of lab/x-ray results from our clinicians.
- Read-only access to patient electronic health records. If patients believe that their records are incorrect, the Cardiology Associates of Schenectady Notice of Privacy Practices specifies how to request correction or amendment.
- Update patient medical, family and social history.
Prohibited Portal Services.
Proper medical practice and legal requirements prohibit Cardiology Associates of Schenectady from performing certain services through a patient portal, such as the following
- Diagnostic imaging services.
- Emergency Services. Patients who need emergency care should physically go to an emergency department, urgent care facility or simply dial 911.
- Requests for refill medications prescribed by physicians other than those of Cardiology Associates of Schenectady,
- Diagnosis and treatment decisions. Such services require the physician to actually see the patient and often also to obtain a medical history and order diagnostic testing. You can use the portal to request an appointment or you can call the office where your physician is located to talk to a Cardiology Associates of Schenectady employee to assist you in scheduling an appointment. If it is an emergency, please follow the guidelines above.
Cardiology Associates of Schenectady provides this patient portal as a courtesy for our patients and does not charge a service fee. If, however, patients misuse the portal, we reserve the right to terminate those patients' access or otherwise modify the services offered through the portal.
Understanding that some risks exist with the use of this patient portal, I agree to the conditions specified and consent to the use of my individually identifiable health information in this manner. I also consent to any instructions that my physician or other clinician may import for the Patient Portal.
By clicking on the "I Agree" button below, you are agreeing that you have read and understand the Patient Portal Informed Consent and User Agreement.