To help patients and their families stay on top of managing their heart health, we encourage you to take advantage of our free, HIPAA-compliant patient portal. Review care information and take advantage of convenient online services with the confidence that your medical data is secure. Sometimes, this can save you a call or a trip to the office, making cardiovascular care just a little easier.
- Already have an account? Log In to the Patient Portal
- Don’t have an account? Read below to get started.
Click here for COVID-19 Appointment Guidelines
What are the Benefits of Using the Patient Portal?
The patient portal is an opportunity for better coordination with your family and doctor, better management of your appointments and medications, and ultimately, better heart health. Here’s everything you can do online once you sign up and log in:
- Request or cancel an appointment without having to call
- View upcoming appointments and appointment history
- Review your medications list
- Request medication refills
- View and edit pharmacy information
- Check lab test results when they’re ready
- Review x-ray imaging results
- Send and receive messages with your cardiologist
- Review bills for uncovered services
- Make payments online
- View your electronic health record
- Update your medical history and family history
Get Started: Patient Portal Informed Consent & User Agreement
Cardiology Associates of Schenectady offers a patient portal communication tool to our patients and others individuals responsible for or involved in their care. We do not charge a service fee, but if patients misuse the portal, we reserve the right to terminate those patients’ access or otherwise modify the services offered through the portal.
Privacy and Security
Cardiology Associates of Schenectady has performed a risk analysis of this communication tool and has implemented reasonable and appropriate security measures to protect patient privacy, as required by the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act of 1996 (HIPAA). These measures include providing data encryption as well as limiting staff access to only the information kept in the portal that they require to fulfill their roles.
It is the patient’s responsibility to protect their user ID and password to access the portal. If you believe that these security measures have been compromised, immediately change your password and report the matter to the Cardiology Associates of Schenectady Security Officer at (518)-377-8184.
Even with security measures in place and your assistance in protecting your user ID and password, we cannot guarantee that your health information will not be compromised (including financial, demographic, and lifestyle information, as well as clinical information).
Prohibited Portal Services
Proper medical practice and legal requirements prohibit Cardiology Associates of Schenectady from performing certain services through the patient portal, including:
- Emergency Services. Patients who need emergency care should go to an emergency department or urgent care facility, or dial 911.
- External medication refills. We can only honor refill requests for medications prescribed by physicians who are members of Cardiology Associates of Schenectady.
- Diagnostic imaging reports. For patients who have an imaging test performed, we can provide only the physician’s report through the portal. Patients who require a copy of their diagnostic images should contact their cardiologist’s office.
- Diagnosis and treatment decisions. These services require the physician to see the patient, obtain a medical history, and order diagnostic testing. Patients should call one of our offices or use the portal to request an appointment.
- Patient editing of electronic health records (EHRs). Portal EHR access is read-only. If patients believe that their records are incorrect, they should review the Cardiology Associates of Schenectady Notice of Privacy Practices for instructions on how to request correction or amendment.
Understanding that some risks exist, I agree to the conditions specified and consent to the use of my individually identifiable health information within the Cardiology Associates of Schenectady patient portal. I also consent to allow Cardiology Associates to provide me with my clinical information and treatment instructions via the patient portal.
By clicking the button below, you are agreeing that you have read and understand the Patient Portal Informed Consent and User Agreement.